I was pleasantly surprised today. I received the Stylish Blogger Award, which was presented to me by the wonderful Anne of the My Giant Strawberry blog. Thanks so much, Anne. What an honor! I’ve been enjoying your blog for awhile.
Apparently in accepting the award, I’m supposed to now tell you seven things about myself that you don’t know and then forward the award to 15 other blogs that I like. It’s like a virtual game of tag-you’re-great, or “stylish,” in this case. Fun.
1. I secretly love country music and know the words to “Redneck Woman,” by Gretchen Wilson, even though I am SO not. (I’m more of a Mocha Mama.)
Well I ain’t never
Been the barbie doll type
No I can’t swig that sweet champagne
I’d rather drink beer all night
In a tavern or in a honky tonk
Or on a 4 wheel drive tailgate
I’ve got posters on my wall of Skynard, Kid and Strait
Some people look down on me
But I don’t give a rip
I’ll stand barefooted in my own front yard with a baby on my hip
Cause I’m a redneck woman
And I ain’t no high class broad
I’m just a product of my raisin’
And I say “hey y’all” and “Yee Haw”…
Shameful? Hell yeah! 🙂
2. My favorite “I’ve-fallen-off-the-diet-wagon-and-I-can’t-get-up” food is SpaghettiOs. Maybe it’s because I keep trying to figure out what that orange “tomato” sauce is made of.
3. I have watched the “Young and the Restless” since it first aired on CBS on March 26, 1973, and I’ll be crushed if it gets canceled like my other CBS soap operas. One of my most treasured memories is of me as a child on one sofa and my mom on the other, watching marriages unravel, babies get switched at birth, evil twins take the place of siblings, people dying and coming back to life months, or even years, later.
4. Art is my greatest love, after my husband and son…well, and my mom…and, OK, lobster mac at Bravo in Providence, R.I…and, oh yeah, sleeping. 🙂
5. The qualities I value most in a friend are honesty, authenticity and loyalty.
6. I have no problem spending all day in pajamas on my days off.
7. I consider a pint of Haagen-Dazs one serving.
OK, enough about me…There are so many blogs that I love (see my sidebar), but here are a few:
And, of course, THE ONE that fueled my creativity, Creative Every Day Challenge.